Nursery Safety Tips
- Place a smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector in or near baby’s nursery. Remember to replace the batteries at least once a year.
- Never place a crib, changer or play yard near a window. Window blind cords may pose a strangulation hazard. Also, place window guards or stops on all windows in your nursery. See All Window Safety
- Crib slats should be no more than 2-and-3/8-of-an-inch apart and should not have any missing, loose or cracked slats. Also, make sure all hardware is in the proper place. See All Cribs
- Baby's crib mattress should have a snug fit inside the crib. It's considered unsafe if you can fit two fingers between the mattress and the crib's side board. See All Crib Matresses
- Keep the nursery temperature between 65-70°F so baby does not overheat or become too cold. Also, swaddling your baby helps to keep him or her at a comfortable temperature without having loose blankets in the crib, which may interfere with baby's breathing. See All Swaddles See Grobag Egg Room Thermometer
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends placing infants on their backs when sleeping in the crib to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Make sure to remove baby's crib mobile once your child can push up using his or her hands and/or knees, which is usually around 5 months of age. See All Mobiles
- Baby monitors let you listen and/or watch baby from another room without interrupting baby's sleep. See All Monitors
- Placing baby in your bed can be a safety hazard; your little one may accidentally suffocate or be strangled. Co-sleeping is a wonderful solution to keep baby close - and safe - throughout the night. See All Co-Sleepers
- Install safety gates in doorways and near stairs to keep baby contained in a safe space. There are also customizable safety gates that are perfect to use around fireplaces, for extra wide spaces and more. See All Safety Gates
© 2007 - Right Start. All Rights Reserved. Liberty Media Family.
*Free Shipping is applicable for ground/standard shipping and may not apply to some large items. Right Start currently only ships to locations within the 48 contiguous states and is unable to ship internationally, to APO/FPO addresses, Hawaii, Alaska, US Territories or PO Boxes.
This promotion may change or end at any time and at the full disclosure of LMC Right Start, Inc.